In an effort to provide better protection to the children of our church, all volunteers are screened, trained, and have a background check performed through a new Child Protection Screening process called Sterling Volunteer (formerly Verified Volunteer.) Click on the link and follow the steps below to walk you through the training and screening process.
- Click on the Sterling Volunteer (formerly “verified volunteer”) image above. (Will open in a New Tab)
- Select First Time Registrant.
- Select State (TX – Texas). – Click Select and Continue.
- Select Conference (Texas Conference). – Click Select and Continue.
- Create a User ID.
- Create a password. – Click Continue.
- Enter Contact Information.
- Enter Primary Location where you volunteer. (Location: Austin Stonehill SDA Church)
- Do you work or volunteer in another location? Select Yes or No
- Select your roles at the church. (If your specific role does not appear, please select “Ministry Support.”)
- You will then be assigned a training module.
- Click on the title of your assigned training module (Child Protection Online Awareness Session) in order to begin the training.
- You will have 1 month from the time the training is assigned to complete the training.
- The training will take approximately 1 hour.
- The training starts by having you answer a question. You then watch a short video segment to provide important information relating to the question you just answered.
- After finishing the video, you will have the opportunity to answer the same question again and to change your answer, if you believe a change is necessary. When you have answered the question correctly, you will then receive a detailed explanation for the correct and incorrect answers.
- After completing the training, you will authorize the background check by checking several boxes, entering your first name, last name, and social security number. The background check includes: Social Security Trace, The Department of Justice Sex Offender, OFAC Government Watch List, The Advanced Criminal Record Locator Search. A credit check is NOT included.
If you have ANY queries or issues, please contact our Administrative Assistant & Local Verified Volunteers Coordinator: Thania Castanaza.